The Regional Finance Committee met in Montréal on May 23, a day before the Regional Council. There were five items on the agenda.
- Mission Office. The committee met first of all with Nicole Béland, who took over the Procure from Fr. Bédard last year. She provided the committee with an overview of the operations and the financial report of the Mission Office. The Procure operates independently from the community at 2830 blvd. Gouin and presents its own financial statement to the Finance Committee. Currently the Procure runs four campaigns each year: the Feast of the Sacred Heart, the remembrance of the deceased in November, the calendar (pre-Christmas), and a Lenten campaign in February March. Only the remembrance campaign in November includes the English-speaking population.
- Review of the 2016 Financial Reports. Although the 2016 financial report is not yet complete, Maurice Légaré walked the committee members through the receipts and expenditures of the three communities.
- Donations of the Region: At the council meeting of December 14, 2016 it was decided that 20% of the cash balance of the year will be set aside for donations to be determined by the Regional Superior and his council. Since the cash balance of 2016 is $ 153,329.23, the Finance Committee recommended to the Council to make $ 30,665.80 available to the Congregation for donations.
- Marcil Lavallée: The Region had agreed at the last Assembly that we would hold a financial review of the Region’s finances. Maurice has contacted an agent at Marcil Lavallée in Vanier who will undertake this review as soon as the accountant has completed the 2016 Financial Report. The review will be based on the reports of 2015 and 2016. The review should be ready for the assembly of the Region in October.
- The sale of the chalet in Pointe-au-Chêne: In September of last year, the Region put up for sale the chalet at 15 Carrières in Pointe-au-Chêne. In April of this year a buyer emerged and it was sold for approximately $ 140,000. The balance of the funds will be added to our investments.